Intelligent Holistic Test of Business Applications in SAP
Here we present “Intelligent holistic Tests of Cloud Business Applications @ SAP”, where we:
- Use Intelligent Scope Optimizer (i-ScOper) for real time optimized automated Test Scope proposal and prioritization by leveraging Code Change, Business Criticality and Customer Usage. This optimal Scope is typically ~ 50% of the automated test suite; the efficiency gained is invested in “Specialized Manual tests” based on research/ experience-based Test Techniques and Patterns
- Strategic use of context specific Test Techniques and Patterns by product experts help unearth defects. Approx. 70% increase in the defects were observed when research based Unique Test Patterns and best practices are applied. This helped multiply the defect finding ability in the organization
Key Take away for the audience:
- i-ScOper – How can one bang for Bugs (double defects yield) by testing just 50% of the standard test suite, and white space?
- Live Demo of the tool in action
- Proof points from Productive usage – efficiency gains without compromise on defect leakage ß motivation for the audience to pursue this path in their organizations
- How can one identify UI Automated tests to validate Code check-ins in the DevOPs cycle ß refer 3 below
- Applying context specific Test Techniques to avoid Pesticide Paradox and plugin leakage of bugs
- Ensure Usage of research-based Test Patterns and Best Practices.